Supporting and elevating MWBE entrepreneurs within the Town of Babylon
The Economic Inclusion Initiative is an innovative program with a goal to create opportunities of equity, mobility, and growth for Minority/Women entrepreneurs within the Babylon Township by providing Financial, Training & Technical Assistance, MBWE/VETERAN Certifications & Ongoing Developments.
We Help Grow Minority-Women Owned Businesses
Starting a business is an extremely daunting task, especially if you are unsure of all the technical aspects to setting one up. We want to remove that uncertainty and the financial hindrance it creates and quickly get our local minority- and women- owned businesses on the path for success and future growth.” stated Babylon IDA CEO Tom Dolan.
Some of the benefits of the Program
- Financial Assistance
- Secure no-interest loans to small businesses and targeted grant programs
- Improves access to capital by creating supporting crowdfunding and micro-lending
- Oversee partnerships with foundations and universities to provide capacity building
- Provide student learning opportunities and skills training programs
- Promote partnerships between Town and minority consultants, contractors, and vendors
- Increases Access to RFP and bidding processes